Gotta agree with Grimfang.
Grimfang is right, if anybody here actually has got the book they would know this wasnt made with much love or understanding for the style and humour in the book of bunny suicides. It would have been much better, if;
1. Everybody used the original bunny style. So many different styles just make the animation tiring.
2. Focus more on the setup.
3. Be more original! Take the nazi one in the book for example. (Where he middle fingers hitler while the others do that salutey-thing) Most of these (With the exception of the pulling-the-pc-plug one) were just pointless violence, not funny, and didnt do the style of the book justice.
4. You shouldnt just merge everything together and slap a music track on top. It would have been much better if you took 6 or so longer animations, with plots, humour, less violence, style, and then put little titles infront and put sound effects over the top. Sort of like those cheesy "bloopers" things. But much better. That way, you could have release like 5 or 6 of these in a collab series.
5. I know this took, what, a year to make. I respect that some of the authors must have put a lot of effort into their part. But, it just doesnt show as a 1 year project. Towards the organiser of this, just be more assertive with everyones punctuality, and authors will put more effort into their part.
Other than that, the graphics were mainly good, except for the constantly changing and tiring style of drawing. I understand it was a collab, but as i said before it would have been much better if the style was the same, or similar. If you wanted everyone to show off their individual styles, whatever, do that in future. But i have to say i did enjoy the parts that actually used the original Bunny art style. The sound could have had better quality, and - Oh, just read point #4. The violence seemed pointless, and as if the authors didnt understand the point of the book. No interactivity, really. And it just, wasnt funny. Overall a 4, seeing as this must have been a bitch to put together and organise, but a little more effort does go a long way. Oh, and if you do reply, dont just go "You sux0r5" or something like that. I would like to hear others' opinions please. (god, am i gonna get flamed)
I appreciate the lengthy review, but I'm sorry, some points make it seem as if you didn't even watch the collab.
1. Not many people used the original bunny style, so saying that it's tiring doesn't make sense. Also, you later say that you liked the parts that used the style.
Make up your mind.
2. I've said it once and I've said it again, it was the artist's choice whether or not they wanted to show the setup or the actual death. Andy Riley did both.
3. We were plenty original. There are like 2-3 from the books, the rest were made up.
And actually there are alot of bloodless parts. Only one of my parts had blood.
All in all, I appreciate your comments, but It feels like you aren't thinking.
Improve the stickman by making him thinner, and just put more effort into the graphics. Also, how is this an anime?
Im nit that kind of... Fb animator i can do em for sure but. I just dont like em : D
Ive read quite a few reviews, and half of the "wii sucks" are by little 12 year olds who think its hard to make better graphics...
Besides, if they used a ps3, theyd need a tow truck to carry it with, lol. Same with 360. But i like the 360 a bit. So yeah... good flash... keep it up....
curse this voicebox of mine
That was very funny, and the voices were done excellently. Its funny, i am british yet never get that proper accent that you guys have; I have a deep yorkshire voice. Shame. I would do many a thing to get your voice!
Anyways, not to stray, that was quite funny, and reminded me extremely of shaun of the dead. The mop part was especially hilarious.
Only improvements would be to touch up graphics a tad e.g the mop part, the arms seperated from his body.
Other than that- Very well done
i expected better
yeah, mononoke is the best anime movie ever made, but this definitely wasnt - for one, the kodamas just did their head shakey thing. Thats it.... ?
i mean.... you could have shown a bit of ashitaka.. maybe riding yakkul arrowing other people's heads and arms off like in the film... but you put no effort into this... except to use a few frames of animation, and import some of the music - which by the way was terrible quality
IM FINALLY ONTO THE W's!!!
im sick of these things - the robot one took too long, and the rest were just unfunny - the 1 for humour is for how funny it is that you put dragonforce into this - GET A PROPER BAND FOR YOUR MUSIC!
all their music is the same and repeptitive.... arg..... fucking shit bands like dragonforce and...... and..... hammerfall (i only know them because my brother listens to them )
It's your personal opinion about how "unfunny" an animation may be, which of course, you are entitled to. Some people think that Hitler and what he represents is funny to put into their profile as a picture. Not all may think that's funny, but some may.
Get a proper band for my music? Technically, I don't own ANY of the music used in this presentation, so I'm not about to get a "proper band" to recompose the music for me. OH! You must have meant that I should have used a different selection of music for my cartoon. Your discrepancy seems to revolve around the Dragonforce clip, though, as you haven't indicated any other problems with any other track. In fact, it seems you lost it all over a music clip that ran for less that 20 seconds.
The rest of your review has nothing to do with my animation at all. You just obsess over how much you hate Dragonforce. I really don't care at all as to how you've become associated with their work, and really, your words are wasted.
Overall, that was a pretty worthless review. Next time, try to stay focused on telling me what's wrong with my flash and why you didn't enjoy it rather than rant about something that nobody cares about. Thanks for nothing.
I really want to get NSMB now.... damn.....
Oh and BigBirdYeah - shut up and go fuck a pigeon
THAT WAS THE MOST FRIGGIN AWESOMEIST THING EVER
hi ben ^^
Hi Tom :o) Thank You!
That really was boring....
I mean i loved battle royale - great film - and i thought this sounded good and it had a decent rating - great - so i played it.... got bored..... was annoyed that you used madness characters to basically portrait the deaths of BR really poorly..... and tried to fit in one bit of humour (there might have been more - i closed it after about a minute)
I think you couldve made the intro better, maybe used the proper logo, downloaded the proper Battle royale version of verdi's dies irae (intro theme reqium prologue) instead of a poorly recorded wav ( a tip - if you are going to record straight off unplug the mic and use windows sound recorder - it will record anything that comes out of the speakers)
next time put more effort into it.
Oh and work on your spelling ( its spelt millenium NOT MELLINIUM DICKHEAD)
Im sorry my movie couldnt hold your 13 year old ADD mind.
If you knew how to work this site you would know this was the first movie I made, years ago.
Oh and (I directly copied the subtitles from BR, ITS THEIR FAULT DICKHEAD)
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.